MGAP provides special legal services to individuals of high net worth. MGAP advises on legal matters related to the media and entertainment industries, business, aviation, real estate, M&A, corporate law, tax, migration and family law as well as litigation, including:
- Creation of investment structures for Russian and foreign companies
- International tax planning
- Legal implementation of ownership of property, works of art and luxury goods, including yachts, planes and helicopters
- Creation of corporate structures and supporting emigration procedures, obtaining foreign residency permits and acquisition of foreign citizenship
- Supporting changes in ownership structures in matters connected with changes in family status
- Resolution of inheritance issues and family wealth issues
- Tax issues arising from divorce, change of residence, purchase and sale of various kinds of property, including real estate and vehicles
- Advising on contractual arrangements between spouses (marriage contracts, settlement agreements, agreements for execution of parental rights, maintenance payment arrangements, etc)
- Representation in courts, including divorce, separation of property, deprivation and restriction of parental rights, affiliation proceedings
A thin capitalization (loans between affiliated entities and persons)
MGAP is advising their client on debt assignment and tax consideration matters related to thin capitalization (loans between affiliated entities and persons).
LLC BU-Media, one of the former owners of Rambler Games
MGAP has been providing legal support of separation of assets between the owners of Rambler Games.
A divorce case for a hight net worth private client
MGAP prepared documents in a divorce case for a hight net worth private client, including agreements about the children’s place of residence and level of child-support payments.
The division of an internet gaming business between its owners
MGAP developed a strategy and prepared a folder of documents on the division of an internet gaming business between its owners, cancelling SHA on the conditions agreed by the parties on the transfer of assets to each of the owners; keeping to the goals as set out of minimising tax and time spent and concluding any lawsuits.
A legal support to de-offshorization
MGAP provides legal support to de-offshorization process. MGAP advised its private client on the matter of de-offshorization of their assets and provided legal support to the deals aimed at de-offshorization.
A dispute over a credit agreement regarding property insurance
MGAP advises on a dispute over a credit agreement regarding property insurance. MGAP represented the interests of a group of private clients in a dispute with a Russian bank over presenting of final demands regarding the proper repayment of a loan. The bank claimed that they had broken the terms of their credit agreement regarding property insurance.
As a result of the claim and following discussions, the bank representatives refused to comply with the demands.
MGAP advised a client interested in financing films and developing film culture
MGAP provided legal support for rights acquisition to literary works, and negotiated with well-known screenwriters on behalf of its client.
Legal support of private investment deal in Moscow residential construction project
MGAP provides legal advice to high net worth individual re investment in Moscow residential construction project. MGAP prepared a corporate structure for a client’s project in three jurisdictions as well as providing tax advice on antitrust law for investment.
Representing foreign high net worth client in family disputes, involving the division of property in Russia
Dirty and Leprosarium, cult Russian online communities
MGAP provides a legal advise to a pool of investors on IP matters for cult Russian online communities Dirty and Leprosarium.
The legal grounds and actual demolition risk to a luxury residential estate in Moscow
MGAP's Property team was engaged to provide expert advice to a group of high net worth private clients, owners of a luxury residential estate in Moscow, on the legal grounds and actual demolition risk to their houses.