MGAP provides special legal services to high-net-worth individuals, offering legal advice on matters related to the media and entertainment industries, business, aviation, real estate, M&A, corporate law, tax, immigration, family law and litigation, which include:
- International tax planning
- Offering legal advice on household wealth and inheritances issues
- Creating investment structures both for Russian and non-Russian companies
- Legal implementing ownership of property, works of art, and luxury goods including yachts, planes and helicopters
- Developing corporate structures and supporting immigration procedures to foreign countries, obtaining foreign residency permits and acquisition of foreign citizenships
- Following up changes in ownership structures connected with changes in a family structure
- Offering legal advice on tax issues arising from divorce, change of residence, purchase and sale of various kinds of property, including real estate issues and vehicles ownership
- Offering legal advice on contractual arrangements between spouses (marriage contracts, settlement agreements, parental rights execution agreements, alimony obligations, etc.)
- Offering court representation, including in cases such as divorce, division of property, termination and limitation of parental rights, and establishment of paternity
- A dispute over a credit agreement regarding property insurance
MGAP advises on a dispute over a credit agreement regarding property insurance. MGAP represented the interests of a group of private clients in a dispute with a Russian bank over presenting of final demands regarding the proper repayment of a loan. The bank claimed that they had broken the terms of their credit agreement regarding property insurance. As a result of the claim and following discussions, the bank representatives refused to comply with the demands.
- A thin capitalization (loans between affiliated entities and persons)
MGAP is advising their client on debt assignment and tax consideration matters related to thin capitalization (loans between affiliated entities and persons).
- A legal support to de-offshorization
MGAP provides legal support to de-offshorization process. MGAP advised its private client on the matter of de-offshorization of their assets and provided legal support to the deals aimed at de-offshorization.
- Legal support of private investment deal in Moscow residential construction project
MGAP provides legal advice to high net worth individual re investment in Moscow residential construction project. MGAP prepared a corporate structure for a client’s project in three jurisdictions as well as providing tax advice on antitrust law for investment.
- The division of an internet gaming business between its owners
MGAP developed a strategy and prepared a folder of documents on the division of an internet gaming business between its owners, cancelling SHA on the conditions agreed by the parties on the transfer of assets to each of the owners; keeping to the goals as set out of minimising tax and time spent and concluding any lawsuits.
- MGAP advised a client interested in financing films and developing film culture
MGAP provided legal support for rights acquisition to literary works, and negotiated with well-known screenwriters on behalf of its client.
- LLC BU-Media, one of the former owners of Rambler Games
MGAP has been providing legal support of separation of assets between the owners of Rambler Games.
- A divorce case for a high net worth private client
MGAP prepared documents in a divorce case for a hight net worth private client, including agreements about the children’s place of residence and level of child-support payments.
- Representing foreign high net worth client in family disputes, involving the division of property in Russia
- The legal grounds and actual demolition risk to a luxury residential estate in Moscow
MGAP's Property team was engaged to provide expert advice to a group of high net worth private clients, owners of a luxury residential estate in Moscow, on the legal grounds and actual demolition risk to their houses.